Otos feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brothergc

Aquarium Advice Activist
hello , I have a few ottos that are awesome , cleaned up all my alge but now the alge is all gone ! Concerned that they may not get enough to eat as their bellies are not quite as plump as before . I already know that sinking food is available but I am wanting the best so I am looking for suggestions on what to buy from otto owners . Links to the product aprecaited ! In the meantime what do you think of this product ?
Omega™ One Veggie Rounds Fish Food | Pellets/Crisp | PetSmart

My otos wouldn't touch sinking wafers, even if one falling smacked them in the face. They did enjoy blanched (lightly boiled, then ice bathed) zucchini on a bamboo skewer and shelled frozen peas. I hope yours aren't such princesses!

I've seen one of my Otos gnawing on flake food. I add wafers on occasion and every now and then a zucchini slice. I see them constantly grazing on whatever is on the plants' leaves.
I have not cleaned the front glass in months. Troupe of 6 Otos in a heavily planted tank are hard at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My older otos seem to eat anything these days, maybe they're just mocking the corys but when I feed they're all over the substrate. Younger/newer editions seem to solely take nutrition from biofilm and light algae, this is why they're reccomended for a well established, planted tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom