out of fish food question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FoxRaid

Aquarium Advice Activist
I ran out of food today and I have fairly large catfish out in the pond behind my house. Currently I can't go out because I work from 2 - 10 at night. Will they be okay without food for a day or can I try feeding them some precooked shrimp?

He should be fine depends on how much u normally feed him though.

He should be fine depends on how much u normally feed him though.

Well I have more than 1 in there about 4 including him. I feed them usually in the morning and when I get home after work

they can usually last 2-4 days without food. they would just stop swimming and as soon as you feed them, they will be lively again. Fasting is actually good for them once in a while. I skip a feeding once a week just so that fish can cleanse out their system

hmm, fish can actually go up to 2 weeks without food, though its not recommended to allow them to go more then 7 days without.

hmm, fish can actually go up to 2 weeks without food, though its not recommended to allow them to go more then 7 days without.

+1 to this! in nature fish live with seasonal variations of food availability, so they are very well equipped to deal with plenty of food and no food for extended periods of time. basically, your fish will not starve to death if you leave them for a few weeks, so long as they were healthy to start!

Back
Top Bottom