Oxygen in my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicknewport

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a fluval edge 46l and is all set up ready with 4 cold water fish for now. I don't have real plants as yet but is the water oxygenated enough with the standard pump. As it's an edge tank it fills all the way to the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Your Tank

I have a fluval edge 46l and is all set up ready with 4 cold water fish for now. I don't have real plants as yet but is the water oxygenated enough with the standard pump. As it's an edge tank it fills all the way to the top.

Hello nick...

If the tank is a kit, then the filter that was included is sufficient to run it. The bigger question is, has the tank been properly cycled to support the fish?

B

I think I've covered all the bases. Did a lot of reading and followed all instructions and used recommended chemicals accordingly. Presumed the system would suffice but as I don't have real plants I just wanted to make sure.

I think I've covered all the bases. Did a lot of reading and followed all instructions and used recommended chemicals accordingly. Presumed the system would suffice but as I don't have real plants I just wanted to make sure.

Which chemicals are you referring to?
What stock did you have in mind for the 46L (~12G) tank?
Will this be a fish-in or fishless cycle? (BB..just expanding your question)

The fluval edge comes with a power filter that hangs on the back of the tank. As long as it is running oxygen should not be a huge problem. Especially in cooler water.

don't know what kind of cold water fish would live in that small of a tank gold fish are out they are to big , zebra Danios would work , there are some native minnows that might work but sunfish are to big
plants do no add much oxygen to the tank, the filter should be plenty unless it is over stocked a lot , an air-stone would help

Back
Top Bottom