P. furcatus vs P. gertrudae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
I love my furcatus...their colors, the fact that they aren't shy, and they're pretty much all over the tank. I have an empty 10g and was thinking about getting gertrudae; are they similar in temperament/personality?

No gertrudae yet!? Really? Definitely go for them, but make sure they are covered, I noticed that they tend like to take the leap quite often compared to others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No gertrudae yet!? Really? Definitely go for them, but make sure they are covered, I noticed that they tend like to take the leap quite often compared to others.

Nope, not yet and unfortunately they're now out of stock. Any experience with ivantsoffi?

As a matter of fact, I have 12 of them. They're just as easy as the others and way better colored.

Thanks so much! It's easy to Google image search but nicer to hear from someone who actually keeps the fish.

Google image shows them quite well. I don't know who took the shot for wetspot, but that is a horrible pic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Theresa - If you check the Batfish group order on the PVAS forum, the order lists P. gertrudae, ivanstoff, and signifier. However, pickup is at the next monthly meeting.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Google image shows them quite well. I don't know who took the shot for wetspot, but that is a horrible pic.

Good to know! I've noticed their fish gallery pics can be hit or miss.

Thinking of taking a field trip and picking some up after discovering this database on locations ;)ANGFA Aquatic Survey Database

Ok, I'm jealous! Would love to hear about this if you end up doing it though (y)

Theresa - If you check the Batfish group order on the PVAS forum, the order lists P. gertrudae, ivanstoff, and signifier. However, pickup is at the next monthly meeting.

Unfortunately I'm going to be out of town that weekend but it's definitely good to keep in mind the next time I'm looking for some.

They arrived today and I can't believe how blue their eyes are! Maybe it's the difference in the general look/lighting of the tanks but theirs seem brighter than the furcatus :flowers:

They just started venturing out of the floating plants:

img_3227910_0_5c16a577688e3c272cefbd4068d15d4b.jpg

img_3227910_1_3a4b68604c1a1cf6fa7e9034b2562921.jpg

They look great! Nice picture!

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

Back
Top Bottom