Pale Cory clamped fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlbfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Pale Cory clamped fins (Velvet?)

I have a cory. He is the last of his group. He has been doing fine for a while. He is about 6 yrs old or older.

Last week he was swimming around going to the top a lot hanging in the middle.

Then a couple days ago I saw some damage on his dorsal fin. That healed up but now he is lying at the bottom of the tank listless and pale.

Tank has been cycled and up for 2 yrs.
no new fish added recently
It is planted there is a green algae bloom.

0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrites and Nitrates are below 5.
Ph is 8.2

Any ideas?

Temp hasn't shifted much usually around 78. Trying to find my thermometer to verify.

*Update. might be velvet. I had a suspected case in another tank. But usually let equipment dry for a day or two before using between them.

Attachments

• IMG_3161.jpg
    IMG_3161.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Judging from the pic, I don't see Oodinium / Velvet. Looks like a very small spot of fungus on the cories side. Six plus years in a tank is a good long life for a Cory cat. He might be aging out.

Thanks! I agree. I was debating it might be velvet because of the gold dust around the gills BUT that could also just be him.

You're right I see the spot but it isn't raised or fuzzy not much to see at this point.

He is pretty darn old and his friends are gone :( I would have gotten more but my days of tanks might be coming to an end.

Back
Top Bottom