pale loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeatherW

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know I am probably over-reacting, but my loach looks like he is really pale. I have noticed this before and now he seems like he might be even paler than before - or maybe I am just being paranoid since my tank is now recovering from columnaris.
so, I have lost 3 rainbows, a fourth just died in my QT tank but that might have been because he was too stressed in my little 2.5 gallon QT tank (I am getting a 14 gallon this week)

here is a pic of my polka dot loach. he looks paler than the other guys I have - still seems to be acting normal. any clues? is it possible that all the others are boys and this is a girl? maybe a dominance thing? I know the more dominate ones are more colorful.

here is a pic of the pale one and another of a different guy so hopefully you can get an idea of the color difference

Attachments

• IMG_1527.jpg
    IMG_1527.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1479.jpg
    IMG_1479.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 91
is your loach this color all the time? if not then it could just be that it "greys out" in dominance disputes with the other loaches over things like food and shelter. if it is this pale color all the time then it is likely sick.

Fish typically "gray out" when lights first go on or when they are stressed. But they should soon return to their normal coloration. As mentioned above, if this loach remains pale, you could have a diseased fish or an elderly fish on your hands.

Back
Top Bottom