paly coral ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kimlafeiet

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got a new coral a couple days ago, and I cannot for the life of me remember what it is. He said it is some kind of paly, and I know it started with an M, but thats it. Its an orange colored polyp with longer stems than a normal paly.
Please help me ID. It was opening fully when I fisr got it, but seems to be going downhill now. some of the polyps not opening and look like they are wilting.

Here is a pic

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131224_220759.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131224_220759.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 94
Some type of palythoa. Identifying their silly morph names can be difficult sometimes. Try zoaid.com for a positive id. It looks to be stretching for light, maybe move it up.

Thanks! So, I noticed on the poc there is a lot of white stuff on the stalks. I thought it might be sand at first, but a soft blow with the turkey baster did nothing. Could this be zoa pox? I dip all my corals before putting them in the tank, but thats it

Palys will incorporate peices of substrate into their skin, zoas will not. Those are palys so I wouldn't worry unless you start seeing negative effects.

Back
Top Bottom