parameter check..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronnieroach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
55gal - 350gph filter w/ double biowheel
ph 7.8
ammonia - 0ppm
nitrite - 0ppm
nitrate - between 0-5.0ppm

i have a total of 13 affys, a mix of mbuna & peacocks mainly w/ one victoria & one hap .. i now know this is probably a bad mix but i'm gonna play it out, as they're all doing well for now (minus my jake peacock whos a little nipped) .. but if / when trouble does arise, i'll rehome to friends

basically i just wanna know if you folks think im gravy w/ my levels? i dont know what my nitrite/nitrate levels should be exactly but i thinnnk theyre right....?

all help is appreciated

Ammo and nitrite should always be 0. Nitrate preferably <20. You will always have some nitrates.

i believe i was told the API nitrate test was fickle & had to be done just right to get an accurate reading so maybe i wasnt correct on that one.. i knew about ammo & dealt w/ plenty when i had my oscar lol

THANKS!!

ronnieroach said:
i believe i was told the API nitrate test was fickle & had to be done just right to get an accurate reading so maybe i wasnt correct on that one.. i knew about ammo & dealt w/ plenty when i had my oscar lol

THANKS!!

You have to shake that second bottle like you have an Oscar attached to your finger ( hurts like **** btw!) also bang the bottom of the bottle on something hard. And make sure to shake the tube really well after adding it all.

Back
Top Bottom