PC timing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Loki4711

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What should i set the timers to on my PC has 65w(2) 10K, 65w(2) Actinic? and how far apart should i turn them on?
tia

These are tropical fish so there native environment has long days so you want around 12 hours of light. The final length will be determined by what life you have in the tank and how they respond. Have the actinics come on first and go off last. I have them come on an hour before and stay on an hour after. Less stress for the fish. I sure others will offer their advice and reasoning.

Depending on the number of ballasts you have will depend on how flexable your going to be. As was suggested most will start and end their light cycle with the actinics and then bring up the 'white' lights an hour or so after the actinics go one. Total light exposure should be between 11 and 13 hours. I have my tanks comming on around 11 and 12 daily so the lights are on in the evening when most will view the tanks.

I do the same as fishfreak - actinic comes on first, then the 10,000k. at the end of the day, the actinic runs by itself again...sort of a dawn/dusk idea, but primarily i do it so the fish don't get hit with 192watts at 10am.

I'm in the same boat. Act hour before and after the main lights.
A sudden change in lighting can spook fishes into jumping and IMO having act come on before and off after the main lights will help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom