Pearl Gourami Breeding Pointers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfriend09

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am currently trying to breed my pearl gouramis who are in their own seperate tank with no other fishies to disturb them.
They are being fed on a mix of frozen bloodworms, frozen brineshrimp and flake food.

The depth of the water is 5" which is what other sites said is the correct depth for breeding gouramis.

I have also turned my filter off this morning to see if this promotes bubblenest building by the male.

My question is this, is there any other things i can do to promotes the male to build a nest.

Thanks in advance :D

I would have to do a little research to check if there is anything else but i don't have the time right now but i know that they like making there bubble nests in live floating plants or plants that have there leaves and what not going all the way to the surface.

I also have plants going to the surface but nothing seems to be happening with them, they have been in there for quite a few weeks, roughly 6-7 weeks, so i am just taking a guess that either they just wont breed with each other or they are just not old enough as i have only had them for a little over a year. Im going to swap them with my Gold Gourami this week who i am sure are old enough cause they are quite large :D

Back
Top Bottom