Pearl Gourami Dead???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmg996

Aquarium Advice Activist
I went into my room a few minutes ago and found my pearl gourami dead! And hour ago he was fine swimming at the top, he just came out from hiding too! I got him a few days ago, he is in a 29 gal with 2 odessa barbs and 3 julii corys. I have plenty of live plants and hiding places. The "skin" around his head was black, was this a sign of disease? Are these fish hardy? :(:confused:

Gourami's can get startled easily. Considering you bought him a few days ago I'm guessing he was startled either by a person or fish in his new tank...causing him to run into the glass and bruise his head

That's just my CSI from the info given :)

That does make sense casue she was easily startled. Well... Now i need a new tankmate! I may do an entire barb tank. 6 odessa barbs, 6 tiger barbs 5 cory cats and a albino bristlenose pleco. Do you think i could fit a school of 5 cherry barbs?? Its a 29 gal with a biowheel 170, but I will be buying a Aquaclear 50 in a few weeks.

If I were you I would probably leave out the odessa barbs. They get 4 inches long so they would take up a lot of space. You could do something like 6 cherry barbs, 6 tiger barbs, and 5 or 6 cory cats. A bristlenose pleco would probably fit also.

Well, I guess you could make it work with 5-6 odessa barbs, 6 cherry barbs, 5-6 corys, and a pleco. That might be pushing it though.

Back
Top Bottom