Pearl gourami question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want to add one to my 30 gallon tank but I'm confused on wether or not to get a male or female. I want a male because they are more colorful, but I want a female because they are less territorial. Aggression is my main priority and I want my community tank to stay peaceful. I have blue rams, lemon tetras, 3 female bettas, and cories. Any thoughts? Are males that bad towards aggression?

I have several pearl gouramis and they are pretty peaceful for a gourami. They tend to squabble among themselves and I have very rarely seen one go after another fish. However, being that you have female bettas, which are also labyrinth fish like the pearl gourami, there may be some aggression between them. In my experience the males and females are more or less equal.

I want to add one to my 30 gallon tank but I'm confused on wether or not to get a male or female. I want a male because they are more colorful, but I want a female because they are less territorial. Aggression is my main priority and I want my community tank to stay peaceful. I have blue rams, lemon tetras, 3 female bettas, and cories. Any thoughts? Are males that bad towards aggression?

Ive kept males in community tanks with no problems. He was with another pair and he also had a mate in a 29g tank. That was waaay before I found AA

I'm reading a lot online and people say bettas and gouramis are a big no no :( ... Any other ideas for a centerpiece fish?

I'm reading a lot online and people say bettas and gouramis are a big no no :( ... Any other ideas for a centerpiece fish?

With 3 female bettas? No. The bettas are gonna highly limit your cp fish. If you remove the bettas there are quite a few options available

With 3 female bettas? No. The bettas are gonna highly limit your cp fish. If you remove the bettas there are quite a few options available

Well I thought about taking my female bettas, putting them back in their original tank ( 10 gallon ) and move my pregnant guppy I have now and put her in the 30. Would that work better?

It probably wouldn't hurt to let the guppy give birth so all of the fry aren't eaten in the 30 gallon. Then move as necessary

Well I thought about taking my female bettas, putting them back in their original tank ( 10 gallon ) and move my pregnant guppy I have now and put her in the 30. Would that work better?

Yes it would. If you want your guppy to have babies then get a breeding trap. They work and you will have more space in your main tank. If you moved the bettad the you can definitely do a male pearl gourami no problem

Yes it would. If you want your guppy to have babies then get a breeding trap. They work and you will have more space in your main tank. If you moved the bettad the you can definitely do a male pearl gourami no problem

Alright I'll move the bettas then, any other suggestions besides the pearl? Maybe an angel? However I heard angels and guppies don't get along

The Boesemani Rainbow is a pretty fish. And it all depends on if the fish nip at the angels long flowing fins. Angels themselves are completely different one fish to the other they have their own unique personalities.

Back
Top Bottom