People p**sing me off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hoppershaun

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just thought I would make a comment on all the people who try to tell me what to do concerning my fishtank. I'm really tired of people saying that I should add this amount of fish or that amount of fish, and when I tell them that I can't add too many fish they tell me that I shouldn't be so soft and just add them! I'm sick of hearing people just saying that they bought a fishtank and shoved loads of fish in, I think it's total ignorance. Don't they realise that fish need to be took care of too? I'm getting really aggravated that people don't realise you have to cycle a tank and then add fish slowly. Has anyone else had this problem?

Oh yes, i hate hearing of ignorant people that overstock tanks and stuff. I used to voulenteer at my LFS, and there was this lady that came in and said that she has 2 angels, and 5 neon tetras in a 5gal tank, but her channel catfish just died, and she needed a replacemnt. The owner of the LFS would not sell her a new catfish enless she got a bigger tank. I have never really been told to put a certain amount in, Like I am not the type that says "oh my gosh, you are 2" overstocked" I don't really care, as long as the fish are happy, that is all that matters to me. I am sorry to hear about your experiences, was it this site that people, told you to overstock, because i find that there are many helpful people on this site, that will never give you bad advice.

No, wasn't this site that told me to overstock. This site has been really helpfull to me. It's been my friends who have had tanks in the past who have tried to give me advice. One said get some neon tetras to colour the tank up, but I said that they don't do too well too well unless the fish is fully established. Then he said that he had 20 neon tetras and they all died! Surely he realised that he made a mistake! i think people think that fish aren't as sensitive as other pets or something. I'm sorry I'm going on a bit of a rant but I've been getting really wound uo about it.

Maybe better placed in the general discussion forum vice the getting started one.

Just ignore ignorant people. If they can't keep fish alive, then they probably don't have any business telling you what to do.

Moved to General Discussion.

Never let anyone influence you to do something you feel is wrong, no matter their experience level. Experience doesn't always equate with success.

Jchillin said:
Never let anyone influence you to do something you feel is wrong, no matter their experience level. Experience doesn't always equate with success.

I think that applies to more than our meager hobby. Ask my boss. :lol:

that they bought a fishtank and shoved loads of fish in, I think it's total ignorance

Just remember that many of these people do not know any better and there is a good chance that many of them are also misguided. We were all ignorant to fishkeeping at one time. I recomend a lot of people to come to AA.

Back
Top Bottom