Peppermint shrimp and Aiptasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boardsurfer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
No question, just wanted to comment that my peppermint shrimp just destroyed an Aiptasia before my eyes. I've always known that some peppermint shrimp eat them, and others don't- but I enjoyed watching one of my shrimp dismantle an Aiptasia rather quickly.

He crawled up to it- and felt around it at the outer edges with his tiny legs/feet. Then the Aiptasia retracted into the liverock. The shrimp then shot his legs into the hole of the liverock and started going to town. It was really cool- he started poking it like crazy and eating it.

Anyone else seen this before?

Yes I have and it is amazing when you have more than one peppermint I had 3 one would be the look out while the other 2 went in. Then they would switch off for the next one.

Cool. I would like to see that. I had a bit of bubble algae early on and purchased three emerald crab. Two did nothing but the big one went nuts on it. It was a lot of fun to watch. He would grab hold and tug for all he was worth. When it finally broke free the crab would almost topple over backwards. LOL It was hilarious. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom