Peppermint Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyR6Rocks

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 2 peppermint shrimp in my 90. I was wondering if it was normal shrimp behavior to hide all the time unless its feeding time? It seems they are always within the rock unless all pumps and filters are off. Maybe they don't like the circulation?

I heard peppermint shrimp are nocturnal? We have a pistol shrimp and goby. They are a cool pair and are pretty active during the day.

littlereef said:
I heard peppermint shrimp are nocturnal? We have a pistol shrimp and goby. They are a cool pair and are pretty active during the day.

I suppose that could be. Just seemed to be a little "lazy" to be considered part of a cuc.

I have a peppermint shrimp as well and he hides under the rocks. I see him moving around sometimes but never get a chance to see him when i turn the lights off but i heard as well they do most of their feeding at night.

I got 2 peppermint shrimps in 30g tank. I see them few times a day, but most of the time they are hiding. They will come out every time I put some food in. They will even eat brine shrimp right from my hand or from a dropper.

Some types of shrimp like lower lighting. I know fire shrimp do, but cleaner shrimp are usually more out and active, at least mine is.

Back
Top Bottom