PH i need help reading this... Picture inside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candymancan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys. im experimenting with my DIY CO2... My first bottle seemed to have run out of juice after only 4 days.. I think I might have put too much yeast in because when I first made it I was getting like 2-3 bubbles per second.. Now I cut back on yeast and its more like 1 bubble per second..

Im doing the PH/KH method of reading CO2.. and the issue im having is the water on top of the tank if I turn my airstone off gets a nasty film on it.. and I can see the Tiny CO2 bubbles collecting on top and not poping because of it.. Im using my powerhead with a small airstone underneath to diffuse my co2.. The powerhead turns the bubbles into thousands of tiny bubbles and spreads them all in my tank.. So im thinking if I leave this film on top my tank wont have enough O2 for my fish to breath...

So I turned my O2 airstone (not the co2 one) airstone on with the co2 running and measured my PH and KH after 3-4 hours. KH was 4 drops it seemed to have dropped I dunno why, it was 6 drops 4 days ago when I started this.. The PH looks like it is 7.0 or 6.8 I cant tell.... According to the CO2 chart that means my CO2 levels are 19ppm if its 6.8 or 12ppm if its 7.0.. Is this enough CO2 for my plants or no ?

I turned the airstone off just now and im going to test the ph and KH again in a few hours to see how much the CO2 increases to and I'll let you guys know... Prior when I had my old CO2 bottle of 2-3 bubbles per second with my airstone off my PH was around 6.6-6.8 and my KH was 6 drops.. My CO2 was according to the chart around 48PPM and I noticed fish gasping so it was too high

Its just really hard to read the PH on this chart once its in the 6.6-7.0 range

Here is a picture what does the PH look like to you ?

img_2676761_0_c9ffa427ded19c3a8e6fe9ff9b620202.jpg

It was 7.0 I found a really easy way to get the color right on the PH chart.. if you turn the chart upside down the colors go from blue to yellow and for some reason its way way easier to get the right color... once I flipped it like that it was obvious it was 7.0

Back
Top Bottom