PH questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

builtf0rdtough

Aquarium Advice Activist
So Ive had a hard time with cories in my tank. Just tested my ph and it is low as in 6.0...I know they like 7.0 for optimum quality....would this difference in ph levels keep killing my cories? Ive had 4 cories, all ended up passing away...I dont want to take anymore risks with them, so I wanna figure it out before I attempt to get some again. Thanks

What are the other water parameters, temp? What size tank and what other stock?

Some types of corys are more delicate than others. How did you acclimate them?
I set them on top of the water for 30mins and then put em in the water.

Koikid88; said:
What are the other water parameters, temp? What size tank and what other stock?
Temp stays about 80f, all other parameters are good. As of right now Ive got 2 guppies, 2 ghost cats, and a pleco, had three zebra danios until an hour ago, took them to the store and got store credit for them...they were not nice to my little guppies...think they killed my male guppie, hence why Ive only got 2 now

Oh yea, also. I asked the lady at the KDDI about drip acclimation, and she said its not really useful for freshwater fish. I'm a little confused. She said that it can actually stress the fish out more than the normal bag in water method. Thought?

I have a peice of driftwood in my tank, would that be a reason for such a low ph?

Back
Top Bottom