PH Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwburleson97

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I need some recommendations for setting up the PHs in my 55 gal in order to maximize water flow. I have 3, 2 of which have rotating deflectors, plus the return from the sump. It would be nice to be able to hide them behind the 70lbs of LR. Ultimately I'd like to install some sort of unit (tubes) that goes around the tank to evenly distribute waterflow. If anyone has an idea for a DIY that would be great. I have a couple of dead spots where cyano has settled in. Thanks.

I like to bounce PH's off of the front glass or each other to get turbulence. Ever consider building a closed loop? You can build one w/ a SCWD on it to get a cheap, easy wavemaker w/ out PH's in the tank- Like this- http://www.melevsreef.com/closedloop.html

Ultimately I'd like to install some sort of unit (tubes) that goes around the tank to evenly distribute waterflow.
I've saw something similar online somewhere. A tank was designed w/ PVC piping that ran around the top perimeter of the tank w/ multiple outlets in it and flow controls on each. I imagine that would provide good, chaotic flow and really limit dead spots.

Back
Top Bottom