Phosban reactor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GFO = granular ferric oxide. Helps remove nitrates and phosphates. Cleared up the algae in my 75 within about 2 weeks.

spoonman said:
GFO = granular ferric oxide. Helps remove nitrates and phosphates. Cleared up the algae in my 75 within about 2 weeks.

Not nitrates.

GFO is a phosphate absorbing media. It is best run through a reactor and the phosban 150 is perfect for the job on your 28.

On a 28g tank, PWCs should be taking care of your trates and phosphates unless you have a large bioload and/or are over feeding?

Have a few small spots of hairline. Got offered a phosband reactor for 20$. I already bought it because the deal was on the table. Just have to get media.

Thank you gentleman and ladies for your help. It comes with a marine land maxi jet 400 moving like 100gph. Sounds like I may need to bump that down a little.

Readingexcalibur said:
Have a few small spots of hairline. Got offered a phosband reactor for 20$. I already bought it because the deal was on the table. Just have to get media.

Thank you gentleman and ladies for your help. It comes with a marine land maxi jet 400 moving like 100gph. Sounds like I may need to bump that down a little.

Ball valve. Gfo must slowly tumble like a slow boil. Its it tumbling too ferociously you will have any orange dusty tank.

Also i this gfo is a good idea for any tank size or situation. Absolutely no reason not to run it.

I am on BRS, the reactor does not have its instructions. How much GFO would I need for the unit. Again, it's the phosban 150.

Readingexcalibur said:
I am on BRS, the reactor does not have its instructions. How much GFO would I need for the unit. Again, it's the phosban 150.

Buy as much as you can. It needs changed out monthly minimum. I usually just by it by the pound. BRS has a calculator advising how much to use depending on your tank size.

I just did the calculator for you. For 28g they suggest 7 tbls. Or approx a half cup of the granular GFO as a starting point.

I got the BRS reactor and fill it about half full. If you fill it too much it is heavy and wont tumble. Make sure you rinse it first also.

Back
Top Bottom