Physical division...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishluvr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was thinking about using some slate scraps to help ease the maintenance of some new tank layouts I want to try. Nothing obtrusive, but keeping the dividers just below/even with the substrate... Sort of an easy cut off mark.

Has anyone used this as an easy way to maintain a tanks' looks while using Vals and other runners? Or any other suggestions?

If you've got enough of it, slate should work great. I've always used somewhat flexible plastic (like the plastic strips that attach to the back of your glass tank covers) as a dividing material and it has worked great for me, but I think slate would give you a much more natural appearance if it ever becomes exposed.

Thanks for the reply... I'd seen plenty of setups that used various objects (rocks/wood/cork) as above "ground-level" barriers, but I hadn't seen anything about using "underground" dividers.

If all goes well, I'll post some before and afters.

I've got an acrylic divider in my 120G tank, which protrudes about 1/2 - 1" above the substrates. Didn't do a thing to stop the Val's from propagating all over the place, although it has held the Wisteria back pretty well..

Back
Top Bottom