Pic of my Above Tank HOB refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

R33F FeTiSh

Aquarium Advice Regular
It's not quit done yet. Still needs to be trimmed out. Should be up this weekend. (hopefully)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110810_202335.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110810_202335.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 186
Looking forward to seeing how this comes together. Why did you choose to put the fuge above the tank?

alamb1101 said:
Looking forward to seeing how this comes together. Why did you choose to put the fuge above the tank?

I got it from a friend of mine a couple years ago when he broke his tank down. It's too wide to hang on the back so I had to put it up top..plus I am making it pleasing to the eye too. 3-4 mangroves, 4 paintbrushes, and possibly red kelp. I also have a big yellow sponge and a black sun going in there too so it should look cool.

With the mangroves and paintbrush (I assume a macroalgae), I assume you'll be lighting it somehow? I also assume that you're pumping water up, into the tank and then gravity feeding down? I'm interested in how this build out as well. I'd like to do something to add a refugium to my reef, but have no space under or beside the tank. Somthing like this might be the ticket!

Back
Top Bottom