Pico Reef Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

umramgirl86

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've decided to get either the aqueon evolve 2 or 4 to build my pico reef. I want to do some really basic corals that would be very easy to take care of. What do you suggest? Would the stock lighting in the evolve be sufficient to care for them?

I've decided to get either the aqueon evolve 2 or 4 to build my pico reef. I want to do some really basic corals that would be very easy to take care of. What do you suggest? Would the stock lighting in the evolve be sufficient to care for them?

Im not familiar with the specific tank or lighting but some your going to be looking at softies pico tank. I would suggest Star polyps, zoanthids, xenia, mushrooms.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say that the lighting that comes with the tank is probably not reef capable unless it claims to be.

Corals in a pico tank can be extremely hard becuase of the small water volume and the rapid and unstable fluctuations of salinity, temp etc. I just take it slow. Also i would not recommend much of a bioload if any.

Back
Top Bottom