Pictures of plants&a question about substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

irishdaisy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi here are some planted tanks. Planted yesterday with some flourite red . I rinsed the flourite red a lot . .ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428087612.135824.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428087636.418522.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428087666.585968.jpg so wondering if that could have taken out all the minerals or made the flourite ineffective?

Yes, you washed away some valuable minerals, but have no fear because if you do partial water changes every week your plants will absorb minerals from the tap water.

I washed my Flourite as well. It looked so dirty it took me 2 hours to clean it to an acceptable level. It's in. My 75g with ecocomplete. My water was only cloudy a few days and is now crystal clear. Your plants will get nutrients regardless through water changes and fertilizers.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428101058.188979.jpg

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Flourite is good because it have a high CEC which basically means its good at absorbing nutrients and holding them for the plants to use. Its relatively nutrient bare when you get it, so you didnt lose anything by rinsing it. You will still need root tabs for your root feeding plants regardless.

Back
Top Bottom