Pink Birds Nest Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
To celebrate the end of tax season.....:jump:

img_861355_0_f0567d681cdf8478abad380eb62a71d8.jpg

And also picked up a Pom-Pom Xenia too (I had just put it in my tank about 20 minutes before so it hasn't opened up yet).

img_861355_1_fa6a58b4a409153dcc0c066c358f9990.jpg

Nice birds nest. Pretty soon you'll have so much xenia you won't know what to do with it. :)

They look very pretty. Pardon the freshie question but is the darker one in the second pic the pom pom?
nope, the one on the left (darker) would be a frogspawn (also known as a torch coral), the light blue (looking one cause of the lights) one is the pompom :D

That's a really nice birds nest. Thanks for reminding me...Time to prune the xenia...again :)

You'd think I'd learn ..... I have a ton of the ugly brown xenia that I mow regularly but my husband was along and he thought it was cool ..... and since I'm trying to get him slighly interested in sw tanks (so I can get another tank) I bought it. :roll:

They look very pretty. Pardon the freshie question but is the darker one in the second pic the pom pom?

The dark one (just up from it) is a blue clove coral.

You don't have a sw tank yet??? you need to spend more time on the aa page! :D

LOL I need more room and time. I am doing a lot more reading on the SW side. A local lfs has been dedicating much more stocking to SW. You never know what will happen.

Thanks for educating a freshie!

Thanks! Scott told me that the urchins would tote 'stuff' around and they do. It's not that bad-in fact it's funny at times. And they really do add some color to the tank too.

You don't have any Ziggy?? You'll have plenty of room for some with that new tank!

Nice piece there! And here I was just going to PM you and see if you still wanted me to look at Barrier Reef tonight for ya! I'm thinking the answer would be "no".

Yup... heard about it through the grapevine. I went by tonight anyway since I was in the area. They had a couple nice pink birdnests, but they were much smaller than what you got. They are stocking up like crazy for the sale... I've never seen the place so full of corals. And nice ones too.

Yup... heard about it through the grapevine. I went by tonight anyway since I was in the area. They had a couple nice pink birdnests, but they were much smaller than what you got. They are stocking up like crazy for the sale... I've never seen the place so full of corals. And nice ones too.

I'm not listening! I'm not listening!!

I've looked at them several times but just haven't picked them up. I have mixed feelings about urchins. Some people have issues with them knocking things over and making a mess in the tank. We will have to see what I add when the new tank is up and running.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom