pistol shrimp and yellow watchman goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WarOrks15

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok so i just got the pistol shrimp for the watchman that i have had for some time. and man they are so funny to watch. in the first 10 min they had found each other. and he started to dig. a few months back i switched out the cc with some ls. well now that the pistol is digging he found the spots that i did not get. (the under side of the rock becasue i did not want to take down the rock.) it is just so funny to see him plow the sand in to a mound and then find a rock and carrie it out to the mound and set it down and run back and get more. and now i look at them and the hole that was mad has not opening. they are traped in side the hole. do i dig them out? or just let them be?

your... Lucky my watchmen still hasn't found my pistol.. but my pistol is making a mess in my sand. He has cleard out the sand from about 3 rocks and there are sand mounds all over the place. I just hope the find each other.

My pistol and watchman do the same thing. It is very funny. Keep an eye on the pistol when it comes out of the hole. I saw "Coral Reef Adventure" at the Imax yesterday and they said that when the pistol is out of the hole it keeps one antena on the goby at all times for security. I have not seen my out since yesterday but will be watching. If you get a chance go see this movie at the Minnesota Zoo, very cool.

Well I just spent about 15 minutes watching my pistol and goby. It is true that when ever the pistol leaves the hole it keeps one antena on the goby at all times. If ayone out there has this pair in your tank see if it is the same with yours. Way cool...Lando

yep it is. i read the same thing last night online and watched for it. do they ever stop digging? he is moveing all the sand around and makeing a really big mess.

Back
Top Bottom