Plant care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

litebrite8765

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just ordered some water wisteria, amazon swords, and Anubias nangi. Any specific needs for these plants? I know amazon sword is a heavy root feeder, so I have some root tabs for that. What about water wisteria? And should the Anubias be attached to my driftwood? I also have some java fern in my tank ATM and I think it also has to be attached to driftwood.

Anubias needs to root on something like a rock or the driftwood you mentioned, wisteria is a bunch plant, so no special care there. Just depends on whether it likes your water, I never had a lot if luck with it. Swords are great and pretty easy, just slip one of those tabs under it and you're good to go!

Stem plants you want to separate and plant them so the leaves are not quite touching so they all get some light. A weekly fertilizer after water changes may be appreciated.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stem plants you want to separate and plant them so the leaves are not quite touching so they all get some light. A weekly fertilizer after water changes may be appreciated.

Is wisteria a root feeder too? Will it
need root tabs?

You only need 1 Root Tab per 6"x6" square on the floor of the tank near Swords or Crypts. Other plants will use it, but stem plants mostly get ferts thru the water column. I use API Leaf Zone and Flourish comprehensive so I cover Micros and Macros that the plants need.

In larger tanks it's cheaper to use dry ferts...but a bit more complicated. Mine do fine with liquid ferts 1x weekly.

Back
Top Bottom