plant eater!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
well I'm now on my second batch of low light plants. My last batch was literally consumed by 3 ramshorn snails, I watche di thappen over a period of about 10 days. So now I'm back agian trying a second batch but with only 1 ramshorn snail since 2 of them died off. He is already chewed through my stems of one plant twice and I have to keep replanting them. Are ramshorns typically known for eating plants even though the plants are no where near dead? I know he has planty of other food to eat, but he always goes for the plants. Am I going to have to get rid of him? Thanks everyone

a picture of the culprit might help identify what type of snail we are taliking about. Any chance we can see a mugshot of the suspect? :)

Yes, the columbian ramshorn is a voracious plant eater, IME. You can either relocate him or continue to feed him plants.

I thik I'm just gonna donate him to my cousins tank, that way I know he's doin ok and I can continue to have my plants

Back
Top Bottom