Plant help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevin78

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
About a little over a week into my new planted tank and getting it cycled for fish, my plants have progressively gotten worse.

Day 3 of the cycle, I over did it on the ammonia. Day 4 when I tested, it took a few water changes to get it down to 4ppm. Not sure if that caused this or not.

The first week, the plants had a very underpowered led light on them until my finnex planted 24/7hcl arrived.

I've put some roots tabs in the substrate along with dosing of aquarium coop ap fertilizer every few days and when I did my water changes, I did half doses.

I'm not sure if this is melting or plain dying.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Kevin

About a little over a week into my new planted tank and getting it cycled for fish, my plants have progressively gotten worse.

Day 3 of the cycle, I over did it on the ammonia. Day 4 when I tested, it took a few water changes to get it down to 4ppm. Not sure if that caused this or not.

The first week, the plants had a very underpowered led light on them until my finnex planted 24/7hcl arrived.

I've put some roots tabs in the substrate along with dosing of aquarium coop ap fertilizer every few days and when I did my water changes, I did half doses.

I'm not sure if this is melting or plain dying.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Kevin

Most plants will melt initially when you put them in your tank. Then they grow back with new leaves suited to your tank. Look out for new growth only.

Back
Top Bottom