Plant id please! Friends mom brought this back from aquarium store in Okinawa Japan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heathers_hounds

Aquarium Advice Regular
A friend of mines mom is from Okinawa. I don't know how she got back with this plant but I have been admiring it for a few years and she finally gave me some. She would wrap it around cat ball toys and corks and let it float. Any idea on what it is? I think I got a few snails with it trying to idem those as well before I add it to a tank. Thanks!

Attachments

• image-2685097750.jpg
    image-2685097750.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 141
Couple more pics. It spreads like crazy!

Attachments

• image-1664123613.jpg
    image-1664123613.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 125
  • image-3855563355.jpg
    image-3855563355.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 106
Definitely Java Moss. :/ hope your bubble isn't burst! Java is still awesome. Coursair knows his stuff

Love it :p you're the cardinal owner of the newest import!

Good to know. Nice to meet you Tina. Mark here

@ Jill and MABJ- bubble is a little busted :( but it's still special to me coming from my friend and her mom all the way from Okinawa:) although I will NEVER tell my friend it's java moss and not something very rare and all! It took me a long time to get a piece lol

Well yeah, I'd do the same. Most moss is bred in the US, at least you can say yours is oriental :D

ALSO-- you never know what is lurking inside the moss. Sometimes there are little microorganisims clinging on, and maybe a cool piece of moss inside.

I think I got some duckweed from my last purchase ;P

Back
Top Bottom