Plant ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Donkey Gun

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This was in a tank with a bunch of assorted potted plants. Can anyone ID please?

Attachments

• image-3873453209.jpg
    image-3873453209.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 88
I trimmed the top of that plant and transplanted it to the back corner of
my tank. Here's a photo of that trimming.
image-187936055.jpg

I'm at work right now, but when I get home I'll get a better photo if this one doesn't help.

Here are some better pictures of the plant in question:
image-1850342637.jpg

Attachments

• image-1584891273.jpg
    image-1584891273.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 78
  • image-2889893375.jpg
    image-2889893375.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 71
Thank you for the input, but none of the bacopa I googled look like my plant.

Here's a photo from the top for greater leaf detail. each leaf has a long thin green stem.
image-2955944028.jpg

And here's a photo of a section of the same plant that I transplanted.
image-4095107204.jpg

It's emersed growth of some type give it time to put out submerged leaves and we will know what it is. I'm honestly stumped (and i know plants lol)it's deff not bacopa I know that much. Maybe one of the hygro species.

Donkey Gun said:
what do you mean by submerged leaves?

I did a little studying and found out what you meant by emersed and submersed growth. I guess we will have to wait and see!

I will say, when I bought it, it was completely submerged and in my tank I've had it completely submerged for over a month.

If these leaves were grown when it was emersed, wouldn't they have died off by now?

Isn't it safe to say that it's current growth is its submerged form?

Donkey Gun said:
I will say, when I bought it, it was completely submerged and in my tank I've had it completely submerged for over a month.

If these leaves were grown when it was emersed, wouldn't they have died off by now?

Isn't it safe to say that it's current growth is its submerged form?

Yeah if it's been in your tank that long you should notice new aquatic growth by now which leads me to believe it may not be a true aquatic plant. Only time will tell friend.

Back
Top Bottom