Plant ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Exigenn

Aquarium Advice Freak
So while browsing my Semi-Local fish store the other day i noticed this plant that had just floating on the top and liked the way it looked. Asked the guy what it was and after quite a bit of hesitation he blurted out water wisteria.

So figured i would get another opinion. From the pictures i have seen of water wisteria it looks the same but it cant hurt to ask.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0375.jpg
    IMG_0375.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 53
He was close..

It's water Sprite. In very nice conditions it's almost a weed how fast it grows.beautiful plant and easy to grow nonetheless.

Caleb

Thank you, now i see it has a root system. Would it do better planted or floating?

ok thanks

Im going to be posting a few more pics within the hour of plants i have acquired from people who weren't exactly sure what they were, but i liked the looks. if you could possibly id them i would appreciate it.

i was thinking floating as well sense its mostly in my breeder tanks just wanted to make sure it didn't neeeed to be planted.

The fish love hanging out under the floating stems and roots.
CoolGuy was right that it grows like a weed too.
You can propagate it by planting any root branch or really any stem in the substrate and it will root. Will root on the floaters as well as Theresa mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Other plants group 1

Attachments

• IMG_0377.jpg
    IMG_0377.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 55
Other plants group 2

Attachments

• IMG_0378.jpg
    IMG_0378.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0379.jpg
    IMG_0379.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0380.jpg
    IMG_0380.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 47
Looks like bamboo almost??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

the guy i got the second group from said he thought it was a type of Lloyliella?

The first one i have no clue but im pretty sure its not bamboo. Those were stems i had to trim pretty heavy because the leaves were mostly all dead. I can try to get a picture of a fuller one and of them both submerged.

Better pics of both plants

Attachments

• IMG_0382.jpg
    IMG_0382.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0386.jpg
    IMG_0386.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 39
Group 1 is hygrophila, probably corymbosa and group 2, judging by the squarish stem is not aquatic, probably a plant called green hedge.

I have some corymbosa but my leaves are more narrow and less rigid. I thought the same but the leaves don't completely match up.

Caleb

yea looking at pictured of the corymbosa mine look almost nothing like that. Group 2 might not be aquatic i guess but the person i got it from grows it submerged and its been growing great for me submerged.

Back
Top Bottom