Plant identification help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toxicfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

Can some please be kind enough to ID this plant for me? I have forgotten the name of it, so i cannot research if it is truly an aquatic plant, the LFS said it is, but, well, you know them, and that's why we're here :)

The pot is a crypt, that's all I know, to the right are the pink baby tears, at the back is hygro I believe, and the other two i have no idea...

Sorry for the poor pic quality, it's from my phone, but I did take a zoomed in shot of the main plant question...

Any assistance is greatly appreciated, I have a 100 gallon tall tank, so probably need to err on the low light plants like my anubias to get by, I only have 3 30W T8 tubes...

Thnx in advance,

Scott.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

Attachments

• image-2232268274.jpg
    image-2232268274.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 158
  • image-4108898994.jpg
    image-4108898994.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 154
Nice looking tank. The back does look like some kind of hygro. I don't see a crypt in the photo, but I could just be over looking it. Which one do you think is a crypt?

Also curious to see the pink baby tears up close. I am not familiar with any aquatic plant that looks like baby tears but is pink...

I THINK the plant in the big picture that you are wondering about is a brazillian sword. That is my initial guess anyway. It is non-aquatic if it is a brazillian. Hopefully I am wrong... but that's my initial thought. Let's see if someone else can throw out a different guess as to what it is. How long have the plants been in the tank?

AHH! I see it. I lacked perspective. It is a BIG tank. It is there... I was just looking for something relatively larger. Thanks BigJim.

fort384 said:
Nice looking tank. The back does look like some kind of hygro. I don't see a crypt in the photo, but I could just be over looking it. Which one do you think is a crypt?

Also curious to see the pink baby tears up close. I am not familiar with any aquatic plant that looks like baby tears but is pink...

I THINK the plant in the big picture that you are wondering about is a brazillian sword. That is my initial guess anyway. It is non-aquatic if it is a brazillian. Hopefully I am wrong... but that's my initial thought. Let's see if someone else can throw out a different guess as to what it is. How long have the plants been in the tank?

This is what I was sold as pink baby tears, please do let me know if I am wrong..

Attachments

• image-451073310.jpg
    image-451073310.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 407
This is the crypt? But heck, i could be wrong about that too ;-) it was a freebie from the LFS, I just haven't had a chance to transfer out of the pot..

Attachments

• image-2303909663.jpg
    image-2303909663.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 109
And another closeup of my mysterious plant that I now suspect even more of not being aquatic... * sigh *

Attachments

• image-4009673314.jpg
    image-4009673314.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 114
Your pink baby tears looks a lot like telanthera rosefolia. Crypts are hard to ID for sure until they flower, which rarely happens in an aquarium. It might be Wendtii.

Toxicfish said:
And another closeup of my mysterious plant that I now suspect even more of not being aquatic... * sigh *

Well, I have successfully confirmed this is Blue Stricta, a true aquatic plant, so i feel a little better now...

Will update with more pics shortly..

Back
Top Bottom