Plant identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mayoshow

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The LFS gave me this plant, it was little and the guy didn't know what it was, (and I was spending lots of money) so no charge and no ID. I've got it floating in my old betta bowl from before I knew to give a betta a decent tank. I'm preparing to have my first low-tech planted tank. But it's a fluval edge 6 gal so I'm hoping to keep mistakes at a minimum since I'm expecting some difficulty from the start. Can anyone ID the plant to help keep me on the right track?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453350891.854348.jpg
Many thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Perhaps a species of hygrophillia. Maybe salicifolia?

Looks nutrient deprived also. At least that's what the leaves are telling me. Magnesium or potassium maybe.

Thanks Caliban, if you are correct, I might try it in the back corner and see what happens.

Thanks Caliban, if you are correct, I might try it in the back corner and see what happens.

No problem :)
Are you offering any plant nutrients?

Not yet, but I plan to get some Flourish trace elements going, and I'm using Eco-complete sub. My aquarium just came in UPS while I was at work tonight. The mystery plant has just been floating in my 1 gallon with some old driftwood for about 3 days. (The first fluval had a broken top, so they had to ship me a new one, so I returned the other live plants I'd gotten and have been planning my hardscape and anxiously waiting on the new tank to arrive!

Back
Top Bottom