Plant melt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reign

Aquarium Advice Activist
So, just introduced co2 to this tank about a week ago.. all of a sudden, s.Repens started melting or something. I dose micros and macros daily. I don't really see any new growth either.. Any idea what this is?

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1461724197445.jpg
    1461724197445.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 1461724211068.jpg
    1461724211068.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 77
How long have the Staur repens been in the tank? What was the growth like? How long have you been dosing macros/micros? What was the pH before and after you started adding CO2?
It may have nothing to do with the CO2. It may be your source water. Other AA members have reported spontaneous melt with Staur repens.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tank has been running for about 4-5 weeks now. Dosing since day one, and co2 has been setup for 12 days now. PH was always around 5.5 and still is. Water is from RO unit which I tested, all good there.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tank has been running for about 4-5 weeks now. Dosing since day one, and co2 has been setup for 12 days now. PH was always around 5.5 and still is. Water is from RO unit which I tested, all good there.

I think your plant may just be responding to higher levels of co2. Give it some more time and wait for new growth.

Since you are using RO, have you measured the KH and GH? If you are not adding any buffers to the water, then I would imagine those values would be low. The CO2 injection would have a greater impact on the pH in that case (making it drop).

I add salty shrimp bee gh. My kh is 0 and gh is 5

I bought some staurogyne repens from pet smart and they instantly died. Bought some from foster and they look great. I truly believe it's co2 and the introduction into a new environment

Back
Top Bottom