Plant Pests?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BoT

Aquarium Advice Newbie
On Tuesday I changed my substrate and added some new plants. Today I found that one of the plants has been attacked quite badly. At first I thought it could have been a snail which came on the plants but I couldn't see anything.

I have just noticed on one of the leaves a very snall unknown insect. It was very small (about 1mm) and was a white colour. It was able to swim but was eaten by a danio. I figure whatever it is, it was eating my leaves and there maybe more of them.

Any ideas and advice?

Attachments

• 2011_10_10_00_28_47.jpg
    2011_10_10_00_28_47.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 71
Even more of the plant has been eaten today, at this rate it won't last until the end of this week. I have looked very hard but cannot see anything unusual. I tried keeping the lights off for a few hours to see if anything comes out in the dark. Any ideas?

Have u seen any snails ? U sure it ain't ur fish my pleco was eating my plants so I had to get rid of him if it is snails put a leave of lettuce in the bottom of the tank jus before u turn the lights of for the night n when u turn it on in the morning the snails will be all over the lettuce that's what I do

Back
Top Bottom