Plant Sugestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

novaheat

Aquarium Advice Regular
Greetings,

I am looking for plants that will work well in my 125 gallon low to medium light tank with no CO2. Mostly foreground and background plants, rocks and driftwood take up the middle ground. Most of the fish will be between 2" and 4".

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
NovaHeat.

vals are great back ground plants. swords would be a great plant that takes up space. anubias over time can get large too. my 125 i set up all low light easy growing plants i just went with crypts and anuibas. its a easy to maintain tank.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I ended up with Vals, Dwarf Sag., and Dwarf Hair Grass. It looks like most are surviving a newbie's planting. I will probably be adding moss later to some driftwood. The grass should have been separated more but I think it will spread okay.

Thanks again,
NovaHeat

How many wpg do you have? The dhg might not fair too well, only time will tell. You could look into some of the larger swords like the marble radican. I might have some baby ones in a month or so. I just gave away three 5" shoots off my "mother" sword. I think they would be a nice center piece for a 125g. It is way too big for my 30g but I keep it trimmed.

I have two medium to large pieces of drift wood for a center piece. The fish love swimming in and out of the holes in it. One of the pieces is flat on top so I may add moss to it. Wife thinks it will look like a short tree.

I need to measure the tank and calculate the gallons. The lady I purchased it from said 125g but according to the manufacture it is a 120g. I have 322w 6700K of light.
Thanks,

NovaHeat

Back
Top Bottom