Plant trimming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ozydego

Aquarium Advice Activist
So what do you use to trim plants 20 inches underwater, I would rather not dig them up to trim and prune, are there any special tools used to help accomplish this task??

Long stainless steel scissors work. You can usually buy some online made specifically for trimming but are usually over priced.

I actually found a tool that is sold at Petsmart or Petco, it's listed as an "Aquarium Multi-tool" but it is essentially one of those "grabbers" but modified with two interchangeable tips:

- One with scissor blades for trimming.
- One with blunt pincers for picking up stuff.

Vircomore said:
I actually found a tool that is sold at Petsmart or Petco, it's listed as an "Aquarium Multi-tool" but it is essentially one of those "grabbers" but modified with two interchangeable tips:

I have the same thing. Economical, and practical. Use it ALL the time!

Hmm definitely gonna have to look for those :lol:

well, you can always use your fingernails. that's what a lot of people do.

Fingernails just can't get there sometimes... Also, I end up crushing the end when I pinch and it turns brown.... Definitely goons look at the multitool, sounds just what I need... Trust me, I am in the process of tweaking the plants, my arms are constantly wet 

Appreciate the feedback, thanks for the replies!

Back
Top Bottom