Plantable plants without C02?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha that really sucks, the guy at petco said they would grow fine. So I can just use light bulbs that you put in like lamps?

if they will fit, yes... I am talking about those curly q looking bulbs, know what I mean?

Unfortunately, LFS employees are often not all that familiar with requirements for fish and other aquarium stuff... and they are usually even FAR less knowledgeable about aquatic plants. There are a lot of aquatic plants that are sold as being aquatic. For this reason it is best to research what plants you buy for your tank prior to actually purchasing them, much like fish.

PlantGeek.net - Your Aquatic Plant Resource has a good list of the common plants that are sold as aquatic, but actually won't survive submerged.

Yeh there is one guy in place who has a aquarium. Thanks for the link I'll check it out

Can you get that at petco? That's the only place nearby that sells aquarium stuff for freshwater.

Anubias, Java fern and Java moss are three good low light starter plants. you'll have to work at it to kill a Java fern, it's slow growing but look great attached to a piece of bogwood, in fact all three plants can be attached to wood, easy to rearrange your layout.

Pete

I had some giant Valis which went well in my tank. Watch out thought grows like mad!

Back
Top Bottom