Planted Betta Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stephen12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have an old 10 gallon that I have been raising some baby's in, but they are about ready to be moved in to my 55 gallon with their parents. I would like to redo the 10 gallon tank and add some substrate and live plants and put a beta in there. My only experiences with plants is with a couple I have put in my 55 gallon I put in to try out live plants. I have had some success with a couple of plants in my 55 gallon and would like to expand my experiences. I am not sure what type of plants to put in. I am not sure what plants would work well in a 10 gallon with a Betta. I know I would like a some type of floating plant, but I mostly want plants that root into the bottom. Are there any plant recommendations?

It depends what lighting you have but Anibus, java fern, mosses and undemanding plants like myrio and cambomba would do fine regardless.. Although ferts and light help

Depends on your lighting. Bettas do great with plants too. Anubias, java fern, crypts are all great starting plants. I float some water sprite in my 40 gal with moderate lighting and it goes crazy. great nitrate buster.

Back
Top Bottom