Planted/Shrimp Help Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just kidding. Has anyone ever seen RCS at a PetSmart or Pet Supplies Plus???

TankerJs said:
I was just kidding. Has anyone ever seen RCS at a PetSmart or Pet Supplies Plus???

No, petsmart in my area does not sell any other shrimp than ghost. I don't think any larger chains keep dwarf shrimp:(

dang it! I know pet supplies plus sometimes gets livestock from local breeders along with their mass stock. hopefully the one i've never been to has some. how easy is it to breed ghosts? does anyone know?

they don't clean or eat as much algae as the RCS and they're more agressive. breeding ghosts is just as easy as breeding RCS but it is fairly hard to raise the fry cuz they're too small to accept most food. you'd have to feed them a liquid food or baby brine shrimp

hmm well i guess if all else fails i will try them. i will learn how to make liquid food if i have to

Good news...I've found a shop that can meet all of my needs. They have a huge variety of fish and plants-- including nerites, MTS, RCS and Otos. I will be setting the tank up and starting the cycle soon. Starting my blog/vlog tonight! Wish me luck!
This thread has served it's purpose...any moderators out there feel free to close it!

Back
Top Bottom