Planted tank friendly discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Poppa..that tank is pretty much the worst thing I've seen all night.... JUST KIDDING, best thing I've seen all month!!!! Those Frisbee are as big as discus!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Poppa..that tank is pretty much the worst thing I've seen all night.... JUST KIDDING, best thing I've seen all month!!!! Those Frisbee are as big as discus!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Thanks, Brotha! Hows the Indoor Pond Build coming? I mean fish room in the new digs?

Back on topic...I chose a planted tank to prove to my dad they are not that difficult(he claims a reef is easier than plants). After starting I liked how they looked, and became a little jealous of some other planted tanks on here so naturally I had to try for bigger and better things. Thats when I went high tech injected co2, but I might go NPT on my 20 long. Actually that sounds kinda nice and relaxing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Basically echoing everything PoppaRyno mentioned. Simply put, I like how it looks. I'd like to say it's "natural" but IMO it's not always the case. Generous ferts and injected CO2. Honestly it's more like a garden or floral arrangement. Nothing wrong with the satisfaction of watching your efforts pay off.
Adding daily ferts takes place when I feed the fish and check on the tank once a day. I refill the CO2 tank about every 4 months. Everything is on timers.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Basically echoing everything PoppaRyno mentioned. Simply put, I like how it looks. I'd like to say it's "natural" but IMO it's not always the case. Generous ferts and injected CO2. Honestly it's more like a garden or floral arrangement. Nothing wrong with the satisfaction of watching your efforts pay off.
Adding daily ferts takes place when I feed the fish and check on the tank once a day. I refill the CO2 tank about every 4 months. Everything is on timers.

Thanks fresh. I've seen most you guys tank pictures before and they are all breathtaking for sure. Im glad it gives you satisfaction.

It's interesting to read how many of you found keeping high light injected co2 a bit of a chore in the end though and poppa's carpet with no co2 is encouraging.

I had some DHG (before I knew about plant) under 2 x 25w T8's, no ferts, no co2 at about 18" depth. Needless to say the plant eventually died off but not without sending runners and spouting baby plants first. The jungle cal in this tank went nuts and out competed everything else except the Anubis which is just opening a flower. It's amazing how different plants respond to different conditions. I think even in an NPT plants being outcompeted will eventually be the case but not for a few years I hope.

Back
Top Bottom