Planted tank substrate!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big_al01

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alright guys and gals, I need your input on some things. I am going to be setting up an angelfish planted tank in a couple of months and I'm trying to get everything together and ready for it. I need a good substrate for this tank that will be good for the plants and fish! I love dirt, but I'm not sure if it will be the way to go in this tank or not. I think it is going to be a 30 gallon cube but not exactly sure about the tank yet. Just need some input and opinions on what type of substrate i should use in my new planted tank! Thanks!

Alright guys and gals, I need your input on some things. I am going to be setting up an angelfish planted tank in a couple of months and I'm trying to get everything together and ready for it. I need a good substrate for this tank that will be good for the plants and fish! I love dirt, but I'm not sure if it will be the way to go in this tank or not. I think it is going to be a 30 gallon cube but not exactly sure about the tank yet. Just need some input and opinions on what type of substrate i should use in my new planted tank! Thanks!
Although I cannot answer your question: here is a good thread that you can look through. Help me pick a dirt!

What are your plans? High light / high tech, medium light, or low light? With low and medium light substrate doesn't really matter. However with higher light levels a better substrate will help greatly. I would suggest eco complete as the most popular option out there atm.

What are your plans? High light / high tech, medium light, or low light? With low and medium light substrate doesn't really matter. However with higher light levels a better substrate will help greatly. I would suggest eco complete as the most popular option out there atm.

I also have EcoComplete, but it is mixed with FloraMax. Two bags of each in my hex tank. (The LFS was under stocked.) The plants do well. If you have a lot of money you could purchase Aquasoil by ADA. AquaSoil appears to be the best. I would stay away from AquaDurt from AquariumPlants dot com because of the high phosphates.

Most people use EcoComplete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, please tell us hat your plans (lighting, plants, etc) are. That really determines what you need as a substrate. Flourite is one of my favorite planted substrates. I also like putting dirt on the bottom, then have a layer of flourite or Ecocomplete on top to cap it.

Ok thanks and I am thinking a high light hightech tank, not sure what kind of plants yet

Back
Top Bottom