Planting a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidman2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 29 gallon freshwater aquarium with 2 gouramis, 4 guppies, a zebra danio, and a kulhi loach. I have a white sand ground with several rocks and a piece of driftwood. The tank is very plain and I want to grow some plants in it. Where should I start and what should I grow?

Hey there! Welcome to the planted world! Check out the stickies on this section and there are a bunch of articles on getting started. If you have any specific questions after that shoot away.

I'm wondering if my light will grow plants as well. It produces 20 watts. Is that enough in a 29gal aquarium?

There are low light plants which will grow slowly under most any light.

Watts are a measurent of consumption of electricity in order to produce a certain light and varies greatly among diferent sources of light (incandescent, fluorescent low and high output, LEDs metal halide). So to describe your lighting usually you can give type of light source, watts and kelvin range.

Again I recomend you go ahead and read some of those articles before you start this journey and ask questions about what you feel is not clear about them. Have a good one!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom