Planting an 8g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello! My HM betta is sadly becoming a tail biter. So I've read that by over planting a tank will help stop the biting. I have an 8g that will only allow a 13w light over it. I want to do anubais afzelii, monnieri bacopa, java or Xmas mods and something else in the front. Any ideas? I might be able to take off the top but that'd be a lot of effort... But I'm willing to do it!

I know that they need medium lighting, but the light on my tank has 1.625w per gallon, so would DHG work?

AquaKai said:
I know that they need medium lighting, but the light on my tank has 1.625w per gallon, so would DHG work?

I'm not sure if DHG would work out, hopefully someone with experience can chime in. I'll add that dwarf sag grows well in low light and will work out fine in your set up. I like it because it grows quickly and is so cheap!

gabysapha said:
I'm not sure if DHG would work out, hopefully someone with experience can chime in. I'll add that dwarf sag grows well in low light and will work out fine in your set up. I like it because it grows quickly and is so cheap!

I was thinking about that but I just saw DHG for sale from my LFS for $4.99 and I've only seen dwarf sag once or twice for $7.99! How large do they grow? I've heard that they grow 6+"! Can I cut them?

Back
Top Bottom