Planting list for my new tank :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

11bkd

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi folks,

I got my new 90L tank set up today and everyone from the little tank moved across. It looks amazing but lordy - the plants which looked 'busy' in a 40 litre high tank vanish in the bigger one! I knew I'd want more plants but I actually NEED to get them now as my wee pals are really exposed :(

I've had a good nosey through the order book at my lfs and have picked out a few that I liked the look of and need to research more. Would you mind giving me some feedback on my list before I order? I'm still really new to planted tanks and a bit nervous!

I have a 90 litre with 1x Aqua Glo T8 bulb and 1x Sun Glo T8 bulb and a Fluval 3 plus filter going in, 7 community fish, couple of cherry shrimp and a ramshorn snail, a java fern, anubias, lobelia cardinalis, marimo moss ball and banana plant. I also have a baby plant which we have no idea what it is, could be anubias perhaps. We plan to increase our fish numbers gradually when the aquarium settles. Substrate wise I have Tetra Complete covered with playsand and some bits of gravel from the old tank.

I like the look of - cardamine lyrata, echindorus aquartica, lindernia rotundifolia, ludwigia repens 'Rubin' & vallisneria asiatica. That's to get me started. Keeping in mind I have no CO2 and limited lighting does anything sound like a good idea, anything you would avoid from experience, anything obvious I've missed......

Here's a pic of the new aquarium as it is tonight, I'm pretty pleased with it, even the decorations my son picked.

WP_002883.jpg

Thanks, Sarah X

Back
Top Bottom