Plants for 3G tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ameise

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Getting an Aqueon Evolve 4 within the next few days, and was thinking about how to best plant it for cherry shrimp and an Aquasoil substrate.

So far, my list is:

Narrowleaf Chainswords (mid-foreground)
Anubias nana 'Nangi' (background)
Anubias nana (midground)
Willow Moss (driftwood/foreground)

Any thoughts on this or suggestions?

Sounds fun... are those Evolve 4's still on clearance? I recall seeing that they were at one point.

Have you considered the all glass rimless cubes? As much as I like the AIO (all in one) tank kits, I find that I usually or eventually would want to replace stuff, like lighting. Plus, I had an acrylic tank once and oh boy, was that thing so easy to scratch!

Petsmart in my area (south west Georgia) is doing away with them, so they're about half off. I ended up replacing the light. It sustained plant life, but without co2, nothing flourished. I enjoy the integrated filter on my 8, but an aftermarket led is in the works.

Oh cool... well your plant list seems to be pretty good for low light. Not too sure about the chain sword. I grew that in higher lighting.

But yeah, I never had an Evolve tank. How much is the 4g going for? Here's the (high clarity glass) 4g cube: High Clarity Low Iron Glass Cube 4.12 Gallons

I have the 2g version and REALLY like them. They're like a piece of artwork within itself, IMO. Excellent silicone work and beveled glass.

You can find the 2.1g linked in my sig... I just rescaped it. :)

Oh cool... well your plant list seems to be pretty good for low light. Not too sure about the chain sword. I grew that in higher lighting.

But yeah, I never had an Evolve tank. How much is the 4g going for? Here's the (high clarity glass) 4g cube: High Clarity Low Iron Glass Cube 4.12 Gallons

I have the 2g version and REALLY like them. They're like a piece of artwork within itself, IMO. Excellent silicone work and beveled glass.

You can find the 2.1g linked in my sig... I just rescaped it. :)

Atxpunk isn't me :)

Back
Top Bottom