Plants for 5 gallon w/11 watt light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brendude

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ive had this tank planted for a while and nothing seems to really be doing that well except a few plants in there. Im pretty sure Ive made some bad choices for a few of the plants in there so if anyone could tell me what they think would work well in there please let me know. I dose flourish, excel, and iron on top of my nutrient filled aquasoil. I dont want to go back to low light plants as I thought this light would be atleast sufficient for medium light plants. If you guys know of any good plants for this kind of setup please let me know.

s repens are doing well, peacock moss is kind of browning since I dose flourish excel almost everyday, gratiola red came almost dead but its sprouting, baby tears (I know terrible idea) are dying slowly and buce flora is doing ok. I knew I was taking a risk with the hc cuba but I wanted to try it out anyways. I'm thinking of replacing the moss and the baby tears, maybe the buce too since its kind of dark and not really the bright color I was looking for. My light fixture is a finnex stingray 20 inch.

I did carpets with Glosso (grew/spread too fast), and DBT (maintenance and long term care was a challenge). Currently used Staurogyne repens as a carpet. With enough light it tends to stay low and spreads laterally. I'm using a Finnex 24/7. Under a Stingray (which is less light than a FugeRay) it will tend to grow upward. Really not sure what else to suggest. I heard Monte Carlo is not difficult to carpet.

Back
Top Bottom