Plants for 6 gallon edge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FWFishTanks

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got a fluval edge for christmas :dance:, and I am not sure what to plant in it.

specs:
stock led lighting
no ferts for now
probably sand substrate
will get male guppies for stock
I have root tabs if needed for any plants in edge

Dwarf sagittaria along with some rocks and/or driftwood would be nice! Maybe some anubias nana? :)

Sent per three-eyed raven..

+1 for Anubias Nana. Anacharis is a hard to aquascape with but it is a great ammonia sponge for when your tank is cycling and I think it gives the tank a more natural, wild look. You can also feed clippings to other fish and animals.

Java fern might give an interesting overgrown look but if you want everything to stay a bit tidy, grab some crypts!

I was thinking dwarf sag in the back and some red crypt wendtii red in the front with smooth rocks, driftwood branches, and black sand with black gravel mixed in. Would this be good with root tabs for the crypts?

Sounds like a good plan. Just watch putting sand on top of gravel as the sand will slowly migrate down to the bottom. Imo black substrate is best for showing off colorful plants and fish. ;) root tabs for such a small tank won't cost much if you go with buying them versus making them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just an starting up an edge and currently have some crypt undulatas, Anubias Nana and Nana petit, java moss, star repens (still too early to tell if I can keep it alive or not) and as filler until I figure out something else there's lemon bacopa and ludwigia repens in the back that's quickly outgrowing the space it's in.

_________
Yelling into the tin can from the far end of the string

Watch out- crypts can grow pretty big for a 6g!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom