Plants for fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

my_fish77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 2 friess. 1dalmatian molly and 1 micky mouse platy the dalmatian molly was big enough to go into the tank with the others then the platy I found Monday night. I do want some actual plants in my tank so do you guys have any suggestions?

~lolttyllmao

Some very easy plants to keep is Water Sprite. You can just leave it float. It will help take a lot of excess nutrients out of your tank and provide some cover for the fry. It's also generally very hardy, and should do ok with any lighting as long as you let it float. Hope that helps!

Some very easy plants to keep is Water Sprite. You can just leave it float. It will help take a lot of excess nutrients out of your tank and provide some cover for the fry. It's also generally very hardy, and should do ok with any lighting as long as you let it float. Hope that helps!

Thank you soo much! I'm going to have more fry in about a week so I think they will really enjoy it. Do you have any suggestion where to get it?

I use java moss. You can actually make java moss do many things. I have one tank that I use fishing line tied to two stationary objects to make a java moss wall midwater. I also use duckweed, but you have to keep it under control. I freeze the excess and feed it to my goldfish and crayfish.

Back
Top Bottom