Plants in PVC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thefish13

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering about putting some of my java moss in to a small peice of PVC. I want it to full encase the PVC. What about the soil? What should I do about the soil. If it works well with java moss I might try it with other plants too. Anybody have experience with this kind of aqua scaping? I need to know what soil( if I need it) and other things for it too. Will the plant survive or die?

I don't know about PVC but I've grown plants in small clay pots using garden soil (from hardware) + some fert tabs and a gravel cap to stop the soil washing away. The soil lasted 4 or 6 months from memory. Plants did very well, even under low light.

Java moss is pretty fool proof. With a decent light and supplements just tie/glue it to the PVC and it will go on it own.

Other plants I don't see it any different than growing in a pot. Just make sure it's a decent space for the roots to spread.

Caleb

Java moss grows great. I started with a golf ball size portion 6 months ago and I can cover the bottom of a 30x12 aquarium floor pretty easily

Jesse

Back
Top Bottom